Closing date: Monday 29th April 2019 @ 5pm
Job Type: Full-time, permanent, with an initial 6 month probationary period
Salary: £20,000 - £25,000 pa dependent on experience
We are looking for a committed IT professional to join a dedicated team providing assessment and tracking software for schools across the country. Your primary role will be to assist in software development and to provide support to our customers. You will work alongside experienced programmers and professionals to learn the underlying education processes that drive demand for the software, before ultimately progressing to independent projects and server management. A full induction and training programme will be provided to familiarise you with the system, its customers and technical requirements.
Your main responsibilities
- Collaborate with talented developers to produce and implement software designs.
- Formulate program specifications and basic prototypes.
- Work alongside a supportive team to gain an understanding of the technical and practical aspects of the system.
- Perform upgrades to make software and systems more secure and efficient.
- Record and expand a knowledge base of the software and assessment procedures so as to be able to advise customers on effective practice.
- Enable customers to make the best use of the software by answering support queries.
What we are looking for
- BSc/BA in computer science, software engineering or relevant discipline.
- Positive and outgoing personality.
- Strong work ethic.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- An analytical mind-set and creative thinking.
- Ability to develop positive relationships with customers and staff.
- Commitment to team working.
- Evidence of relevant experience.
We can offer
- A comprehensive training programme with salary increments linked to successful completion of key performance tasks.
- Significant opportunities to gain experience in other areas of the business including delivering training to customers and marketing, depending on the skills and interests of the candidate.
- The chance to work for a caring, non-profit making organisation that directly funds charity initiatives for communities in the centre of Rotherham.
- Accelerated career progression.
- Ongoing support and mentoring.
- Flexible, family-friendly working environment.
A full job description can be downloaded by clicking here.
Our application form can be downloaded by clicking here.
Please apply by sending your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org (CVs will not be accepted).
Interview date: Wednesday 8th May 2019
We undertake to make any reasonable adjustment to a job or workplace to counteract any disadvantage a disabled person may face.